Admissions requirements for the yearlong / 30-credit master's degrees:
- Bachelor’s degree completion
- Application form and fee.
- Official transcripts: Submission of a bachelor’s degree transcript (a certified English translation is required along with course descriptions and syllabi for faculty evaluation). For transfer credit requests related to previous graduate coursework, foreign language transcripts as well as course descriptions and syllabi must be submitted with translations that are certified / authenticated. The Admissions Office reviews the transfer requests with the Academic Affairs Office and pertinent faculty members.
- GPA Requirements: For US and Canadian students wishing to complete their Graduate Program with AUF as a transfer student, the minimum cumulative GPA is 2.5.
- English language proficiency: If your primary language is not English, you must demonstrate your proficiency in the use of the English language by meeting any of the options listed below.
TOEFL 71 IBT
Cambridge Advanced 180 or higher
The language requirement is waived for those who can provide proof of enrollment in a previous Degree Program taught entirely in English or graduate applicants provide proof of citizenship of a country where English is an official language.
AUF BA students may waive the English language requirement by demonstrating successful completion of at least 30 AUF program credits.
- Personal Statement: Applicants must include a personal statement
- Professional Resume: Complete CV related to employment and education history.
- Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of recommendation must accompany the application. They must be addressed to AUF Admissions Office and sent electronically directly by the reviewer. Letters submitted by the student are not accepted.
- An academic writing sample in English (minimum 8-10 pages not including bibliography).
- Portfolio: Applicants for Visual Media are required to submit their portfolio. It should highlight the applicant's range of skills in various projects and it should not include more than 3 projects.
- Applicants may submit GRE scores if they feel their scores enhance their application.
- Each qualified applicant will be interviewed by an Admissions officer of AUF their nominee in person, by telephone, or other communication means. The main purpose of the interview is to select motivated applicants with the ability to benefit from a solid commitment to AUF’s program. AUF actively encourages applications from students of all ages, gender, ethnic, and/or social background, and from students with disabilities.
- Interview: To be conducted by an officer of the AUF Admissions Office.
Application and Contact
Download the program application form and submit (signed) along with the required materials to the Admissions Office as per the below contacts.
(+39) 055 2476234
The American University of Florence
ATTN: Admissions Office
Via Ricasoli, 21
50122 Firenze ITALY